Sunday, February 26, 2012

6 months

6 months today.  Has it really been that long?  That short?  My life has changed so much in the last 6 months it's hard to imagine what life would have been life with Riley here. I've had such incredible moments of anguish, but yet I am pleasantly surprised to say that there have been some good moments, too, throughout it all.

Six months ago it was impossible to imagine a life without Riley, where we were happy and we had moved on. But I genuinely feel like I have.  Of course there are moments where I miss him dreadfully and wish he were with us today, but ultimately I know that this is the way it was supposed to be.

I think that having Neil in our lives has made all the difference.  If he weren't here with us, I don't think I would have been able to rebound so quickly.  But every day he does something that makes me smile; that makes me laugh; that makes me angry!  And I take strength in those moments, even if they do remind me of what we lost with Riley.

I am now wearing Riley's ring on my finger, so I know I will never forget him and he will always be in my heart, but I truly feel ready to move on.  That I have moved on. And for that I am so incredibly thankful.  The grief, the pain is not so strong anymore.

Will we have another child?  Who knows.  At 34 years old I know I'll have to make that decision soon, but for now I am ready to be content with my life and maybe in 3 months, 6 months, 2 years this blog will share the wonderful news that I am pregnant again.  Or maybe it won't.  We'll see what the future has in store...

♥ Riley Quinn Taylor ♥ - missing you always, but thankful you and grandma are watching over each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment