Saturday, August 11, 2012

1 year coming quickly..suggestions to commemorate?

So first off, no I'm not pregnant.  Month 2 of TTC will end next week.  Wonder what will happen?  I'm expecting a negative test, but hoping for a positive one.

August 26th is quickly approaching.  I've been thinking about Riley a lot lately.  I want to do something memorable for him on the 26th.  I know I will definitely visit his grave.  But what else should I do?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fortunately the 26th is a Sunday, so I won't have to worry about my emotions while at work.  That would have been really hard.   I wonder if my husband will remember the day.  He recovered and got over Riley's loss months ago.  It's hard when I still acknowledge the 26th of every month, and he is blissfully unaware.  Must be nice to be a man!

I read some good news today.  A fellow blogger, a woman who's blog gave me such solace and comfort following Riley's death, gave birth to her first baby 12 days ago.  How encouraging and wonderful to read about someone who went through the same tragedy as me come out on the other side.  I applaud her courage to try again and the strength it must have taken to make it through a whole 9 months never guaranteed a positive outcome.  That she is happy and successful gives me hope.

2 comments:

  1. On my angel babys 1st angel birthday we wrote notes to her on balloons and released them--that was really healing for me. I had her name written by different blm's and I ordered a build a bear with an angel outfit. I placed 12 Luminaries outside along with 12 pinwheels to represent the 12 months she had been gone. I donated the money I would have spent on her birthday to different baby loss mommy charities, like Laken's Bears. Happy (almost) 1 year angel birthday Riley! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Cat! I truly feel blessed to be given the chance to parent my daughter. I hope that month 2 was successful for you, but if not, that you have the courage to keep trying. I really admire anyone who tries again after a loss, it is not easy.

    I would tell your husband about Riley's upcoming birthday so you can both set some expectations for the day. I kind of had to do that with my husband... like "hey honey, Kayla's anniversary is coming up, what if we do _________ to remember her?" He may have accepted Riley's death but he probably would still like to do something to acknowledge him.

    We went away for the weekend and didn't necessarily do anything major, just remembered her and spent some time together. I also did the name gallery of photos of her name. If I had had the courage, I would have liked to have taken something to labor and delivery at our hospital, either for the nurses or a donation to future parents who lose babies, but I didn't do either. Maybe next year. HOpe the day is peaceful for you!

    ReplyDelete