Saturday, March 31, 2012

8 months - missed!

I just realized: I missed the 26th!!  This is the first month since Riley died that I didn't pay attention to the date. 8 months.  That's how long it took.  What progress. A part of me feels bad that I forgot, but I'm also so happy to feel like I'm really moving on. And now that I have Riley's ring with his name and bday on it, every time I look at it, I think of him. So I don't need a date anymore. 

I feel like this huge weight just lifted off my shoulders. In a way I feel free. Free of agony, guilt, remorse. I still miss him and think of him, of course, but I feel like I am finally living in the now and no longer thinking of "what if".

8 months.  That's how long it took me to accept and to heal.  What a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment