Saturday, March 10, 2012

Letter to Neil Canyon - 19 months


March 10, 2012 (19 months)

Okay, so I'm late this month.  Sorry buddy!  February was another eventful month, that's to be sure.  Of course you got sick again and this was the worst one yet.  You got 2 ear infections and bronchitis.  No fun.  Poor pumpkin you were stuffed up and coughing and you had to go back on antibiotics and use a puffer. It was not a fun 10 days. I hate to see you sick, and suffering, but I selfishly enjoy the moments when you just want to lie in my arms and rest.  It's the only time you want to be cuddled, so I really take advantage of those moments.

Other than that it's been a pretty good month.  You continue to flourish at daycare.  You are now sliding down the "mountain" all on your own.  To be honest I was a little shocked and slightly nervous the first time I saw you do this, but the joy and excitement on your face certainly made up for it.

You are just a walking machine!  What a difference 2 months makes. You run around the house now; you walk from the house to the garage; you walk down the road to grandma's.  I'll tell you, it's so much easier now that you take yourself from point A to point me.

As each month passes you continue to state your independence and you see what you can get away with. You don't always come when I ask you to and you have fun running away from me when it's time to get dressed! Your infectious laughter makes it hard to get mad at you though, and I have a hard time keeping myself from laughing when you do that.

You love being naked!  After you bath you love running throughout the house, bare-bottomed, with a big grin on your face.  It's adorable. You also know exactly when you are ready for bed.  You'll be playing in the living room with your pj's on and then all of a sudden you'll get up, walk to the hallway and straight into your room.  you'll pull your blue bunny blankie off the side of your crib, stick your thumb in your mouth and lift your arms up to be put to bed.  I kiss you goodnight and you are asleep in minutes.  Bed time is so stress-free with you.  I am so blessed.

I'm getting a little tired of winter, and I think you are too, so it will be nice when we don't have to wear snow suits every morning and when going outside is just a matter of opening the front door.  Spring has never looked so enticing as it does now that you are in our lives. Still we try to make the most of it.  You've been on a few skidoo rides and even helped daddy plow the driveways after a big snow storm.


You no longer love to be in your stroller.  That's a not so welcomed development!  No more shopping for Neil and mommy! We went to the mall on my birthday.  You were good for the first 20 minutes after which nothing would make you happy.  And you were fed, napped and changed.  You just wanted to explore; not watch mommy try on shoes.  I can't imaging why.  lol!

Next month is your 18 month (corrected age) check up with Dr. Belanger.  We'll get to see what she thinks about all these ear infections you've been having and whether it's having an impact on your speech and hearing. We'll see :)

It's nice to see you really understanding what we tell you now.  When we say, "go get your boots", or "shut the cupboard", you understand and do what we ask you to.  It's so great to see!

Piglet, you continue to amaze me, and I continue to be amazed at how happy you make me and how happy I am being a mom.  Keep smiling that beautiful smile of yours.



xoxo
Mommy and daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment