Saturday, March 2, 2013

Riley's Pregnancy Journal

Today I took out the pregnancy journal I wrote in when I was pregnant with Riley.  I wanted to read the section about what to bring to the hospital so I could start putting my hospital bag together.  When I took the journal out, I don't know why but I didn't realize it was Riley's journal.  I flipped through the pages and found the section from week 29.  I wrote in it each day:

Sun Aug 21:
29 weeks!  We're getting there.  It feels like the weeks are going by so slowly but when he comes it will feel like it went so fast.
Mon Aug 22:
Begged mom & dad for a glider rocker today.  Got one for Neil's room and it's so much better/comfortable to hold him now.  Still thinking of names.  Gosh this is hard.
Tue 23:
Had contractions this morning.  A little scary! Saw Dr. B and everything is okay.  Phew! But glucose levels high so have to go for 2nd test.  And doing another ultrasound.  11 weeks to go!
Wed 24:
Glucose test tomorrow.  Ugh. Hope it goes okay and I don't have gest. diabetes.

Kind of surreal to read it back.  It's like that with life.  You have no idea what's coming.  One day everything is one way and the next your whole world turns upside down.  I also found my 20 week ultrasound pictures in the back of the journal.  There's one that is really good - you can really see him.  Gosh it's strange.  But you know, I got a little teary-eyed, but I didn't break down, so that's really good progress I think.  Probably because things are going well with this pregnancy.  But it reminds you that anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment