Thursday, February 28, 2013

"we don't know when you will go into labor"

So I saw my doctor today.  I'm 1 cm dilated   Which is normally nothing to worry about, but since Neil was born 9 weeks premature, my doctor's response was, "we don't know when you will go into labor.  It could be this week, it could be in a month".  Thanks for making it easy for me doc! lol!

But overall I'm pretty zen about the whole thing.  I've got the shots of cortisone, so if anything happens at least his lungs will have a better chance.  And I've been through it before, so I know how having a premie works, and what the NICU is all about.  But I really want to make it full term.

I have contractions every day.  A few in the morning, a few at night.  It's unsettling, especially those that hurt more, because you don't know if it's just casual contractions or if it's going to start.  And you don't want to stress too much because that can make the contractions worse.  Ah, the waiting game, gotta love it!

32 weeks, 1 day.  We're getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment