Wednesday, January 16, 2013

26 weeks..the big milestone

Today I am 26 weeks and still pregnant!  Saw my doctor today; heard baby's heartbeat.  I am so anxious to get through this week.  With Riley it was a Thursday (ie tomorrow) that we found out he had died.  The day Riley died I had my diabetes test in the morning.  It was that night I started having contractions and we learned our horrible fate. Tomorrow, Thursday, I have my diabetes test.  It's freakishly scary.  But yet at the same time, I'm also glad it's on the same day, because this time I just know everything is going to be okay and I'm going to get through tomorrow, and I'll be on my way to the next milestone (31 weeks when Neil was born premature).

When I became pregnant it was so hard to imaging making it to 26 weeks and how far off that was.  Now that I've made it here, I really do feel positive.  I do feel like this time everything is okay.  And yet...I'm so afraid to allow myself to get too excited, too happy.  I don't want to jinx anything!!

14 weeks to go....deep breaths.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things went well. Taking deep breaths with you xx

    ReplyDelete