Sunday, January 27, 2013

Couch arrest day 5

It's Sunday.  The weekend's been tough.  Harder than the weekdays.  I love Neil but he's been tough to handle these last 2 days.  He just wants to play with me and I can't.  So he resorts to climbing all over me on the couch.  the poor little guy - he has no idea.  And D. just keeps saying "be gentle with mommy", but he doesn't understand that, or why. And if I try to tell him mommy's sick and needs to lie down, he doesn't get it either.

Yesterday I tried to explain to Neil that he was going to be a big brother soon; that we were having a little baby soon.  I pointed to my stomach and said, "mommy has a baby in her belly".  He lifted his shirt and pointed to his belly and said, "baby?"!  too cute.  So yeah, he doesn't get it.  All those articles and books that talk about explaining new baby to the older sibling.  So off.  Sorry, but a 2 yr old can't really understand it.  Then someone would probably tell me to buy a book about it for him.  Whatever!

So tomorrow is Monday, which means back to the weekday routine, which for whatever reason, I find much easier.  Then this week I have 2 dr appointments, which means at least I get to get out of the house :)  The days really are up and down.  At one hour I can't imagine how long the rest of this pregnancy will be, and then all of a sudden it's 5pm and I've made it through another day.

One day at a time...




No comments:

Post a Comment