Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A good day

Today was a good day.  I had to go for a 2nd glucose test because my first was .4 over the limit.  Apparently nothing alarming, but I had to do the 2nd test anyways.  So I get to the hospital, starving because I'm fasting, so I'm just a little grumpy.  they take my blood, give me the yummy orange drink to down in 5 minutes and it's off to the waiting room I go for a 2 hour wait.  But it wasn't all bad.  I ran into a girl I hadn't seen if 4 or 5 years and she was there for the same thing, so we got to catch up.  She had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy, so she's really hopeful too. Her boyfriend got into a head-on collision in December and almost died.  He was in the hospital for 20 days and doesn't remember anything about it.  Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?  At least my husband is healthy and present and super helpful and amazing.  I know I am very lucky.

During my first hour of waiting, Snoop Dog didn't really move all that much.  So of course I couldn't help focusing on that.  My during the second hour he start moving a lot so that was a huge sigh of relief.  Last time I did the 2nd glucose test was the day Riley died.  So this was a much better day.  And Snoop Dog is still moving, so I'm feeling much more relaxed.

Last night I had more contractions.  They weren't as severe as last week, but I was getting nervous.  So I took a bath like my doctor suggested and that seemed to help.  It seems like each evening I have little contractions.  Scary.  I see my doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what he says.  I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow.  That's good progress, but not far enough along!  That's what scares me about having contractions all the time, so I'm really trying to stay calm and relaxed.  3 more weeks until Neil's birth milestone.  It feels attainable.  It's almost like once I get past 31 weeks then I know Snoop Dog will be okay because if Neil survived at 31 weeks and is doing so well, then Snoop Dog will be too.

It feels good to have a good day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be good too...

2 comments:

  1. Just getting caught up...so sorry you are on bedrest/couch rest. That has to be really hard with an active child who wants to play with mommy. BUT, I'm so glad you and baby are doing well and you are getting there. HOpe you have lots of good days this week!

    ReplyDelete