Thursday, January 24, 2013

Re: Last post - wrong milestone. How did I get that wrong?

Okay, so I have no idea why, for but some strange reason, this whole pregnancy whenever I think of Riley I always thought he died at 26 weeks.  And I have no idea why!  Well, he died on August 26th, so maybe that's part of it, but it is so very, very strange.  And the whole pregnancy I've been telling people how Riley died at 26 weeks, so that's a really important milestone to get through and that how once I get past 26 weeks, I've breathe a little earlier.

Then Monday I ended up in the hospital for contractions (separate post to come about that one), and again I'm telling the doctors my last pregnancy ended at 26 weeks, and then Wednesday morning when I am in my hospital room waiting to be seen I pull out my recent journal, which I brought with me on a whim.  And I started to read the entries I wrote when Riley died.  And then I realized.  He died at 29 weeks, not at 26 weeks!

And I felt so guilty and stupid for remembering the wrong timeline.  And how readers of my last post must have been wondering if I'd totally lost my mind.  especially considering the title of my blog - Life after stillbirth at 29 weeks!   duh!

So yeah, I kind of laugh about it as I'm writing this.  I do feel silly.  And then stressed because I haven't crossed that milestone yet.  I still have 2 more weeks to go before 29 weeks.

But I really am feeling better about this pregnancy.  I really do believe that Snoop Dog (did I mention how that name came up?  More on that later) is going to be born healthy, and as close to term as possible.  Yes I'm scared and yes we never know what will happen, but I just have this feeling that everything's going to be okay.  And I'm holding on to that feeling like it's a lifeline holding me up when things get tough.

So back to Snoop Dog...

I was driving to Montreal last November with a friend from work and we were talking about baby names.  And of course we came up with all these lovely names.  And then this Snoop Dog (or now his name is Snoop Lion, I guess?!  wtf?) song came on and my friend said, "well you could always call him or her Snoop Dog!" And the name kind of stuck.  So now this baby will always be known as Snoop Dog.  Good thing it's a boy!  lol.  Yes, we will give him a real name, and we will call him by his name, don't worry, but it will be fun to nickname him Snoop Dog.  Or at least, I'll find it fun.  My husband not so much.  ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment