Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 3 of couch arrest

It's day 3 of being a sedentary couch potato.  90 days to go. Today's Friday and I am dreading the weekend.  As much as I love my little boy, he is going to want to do stuff and I won't be able to do anything with him.  I can't take him outside, I can't go for a walk, even, I have to sit on my ass all day.  How do you explain that to a two year old?  Sorry, Neil, mommy has to stay sedentary so your brother, who you don't really realize is going to be here in 3 months, can live.  Doesn't really translate to a 2 year old, does it?

there's only so many puzzles and arts & crafts we can do.  Hopefully D. will be willing to take Neil out and do stuff with him.  Usually on the weekends we go into town, or go ski-doing  or something.  But it's always me who's the one who's suggesting things.  If it were's D.'s choice, he would spend weekends relaxing - because he works so hard all the other times.

I'm being hard on him, though, because he already does so much more around the house than any other husband I know.  He cleans, he does dishes, he does laundry, he cleans up after himself.  None of my friends' husbands do that.  So I know I'm lucky.  And already this week since I've been home he's been doing so much more.

How am I going to get through this? One day at a time?  Yadda, yadda, yadda.  I think once I get to 32 weeks I'll be able to breathe a little easier.  I'll have past the 2 milestones (Riley - 29 weeks, Neil - 31 weeks) and then every day and week we go longer will be an added bonus.  So that's 5 weeks.  35 days.  I can do this, right?  On boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment