Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hospital Scare

Written January 23, 2013, while in hospital:

So I spent the night in the hospital.  I had contractions and decided to come in.  Better safe than sorry, right? Turns out I was certainly having contractions but fortunately Snoop Dog was not on his way.

D. didn't come with me because I went in at 3am.  He stayed with Neil.  I was fine with that as long as he would join me in the morning.  He didn't get to the hospital until 11am!  I mean everything was okay and I was fine, but it would have been nice of him to have come earlier.  But of course there were problems at the barn and he had to work at those.  It's always something, isn't it?

Anyways, they took me for an ultrasound and the baby is fine and everything looks good, but my cervix while still long is slightly opened, around 2cm.  So that's indicative of me potentially going into labor in the next 5-6 weeks = 32 or 33 weeks.

But then again I could go all the way to 37 weeks.

Dr. Bureau just saw me.  He's on call today, so that's nice.  Now I don't have to see him this pm.  I'm basically now on "sedentary couch potato" rest for the next 10-13 weeks.  Yay.  But really, whatever it takes.  I really want Snoop Dog...Callum?...to be born as close to term as possible, so whatever it takes, right?

I miss my mom right now.  She would have come down to hang out with me and cook for me and take care of me.  Dad, although caring, loving, etc, just doesn't get it.  As long as I'm not dying he figures I'm okay!  But he's a man; that's how they are.  I think he and D. are more alike than D. likes to believe :)

10 weeks on the couch.  Well at least I'll be nice and rested for when baby comes.

Baby names: so now I'm leaning towards Callum or Hunter.  We'll see if that changes over the next 3 months.  Huh.  Last time I was writing about names was 3 days before Riley died.  Puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment