Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 15-Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.



To think there are so many people who have lost babies that it warrants a national day of remembrance.  It's just not right.  The past 6 weeks have been some of the hardest six weeks of my life.  No one should have to go through this experience of loss and pain.  But the fact that it is recognized and remembered by others is so important.

My husband asked me today if my friends ask me about it anymore and you know what?  They don't.  It's amazing how quickly people go on with their lives.  And it's not that they're being insensitive or that they don't care, it's just that yes, they have their own lives too.  Shocking!  ha ha.  But I now know that it is so important to continue to recognize someone's pain, someone's suffering, someone's difficult situation, regardless of how long it's been since the event.

No one asks me how I'm doing anymore.  It's probably because I put up this wall of strength, that I "fake" my way through it when I'm feeling anything less than alright.  I just don't want to keep bringing other people down - my friends, my family.  The only person who truly knows how I'm feeling is my husband.  And thank goodness for him.  He has been so supportive and loving and kind.  He lets me feel how I feel, and understands that my mood and emotions are a constant roller-coaster.  He doesn't like it all the time, but he accepts it.

So what will you be doing on October 15th?  Please take a moment to remember those who have suffered infant loss.  Tell them you're thinking of them, that you care.  Recognize their pain and applaud their courage and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment