Friday, September 23, 2011

4 weeks

4 weeks already.  Really?  It seems like such a long time ago, and yet when I get to 8 weeks, then 3 months, 4 months, each milestone will seem like a lifetime since Riley was born.  I had a moment of joy and happiness, then utter misery this morning.  I thought I was ready to have sex with my husband.  Well we got all "in the mood" - I was happy and joyful.  Then tried.  It hurt.  I started crying.  Then it made me think of Riley and then I started really crying.  Not exactly the joyful return to lovemaking you hope it's going to be!  And D. was just so understanding and caring.  I seriously have the best husband.

I keep looking at the clock waiting for 9.17pm. (it's 8pm now).  Will there ever be a Friday night when I don't think of 9.17?    At what point to I stop thinking in terms of weeks (Fridays) and it turns to monthly anniversaries (the 26th)?  When will the pain in my heart not hurt so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment