Monday, September 5, 2011

Return to work

Tomorrow is Sept 6th.  Had I not gotten pregnant with Riley I would have returned to work following my maternity leave with Neil.  It's so surreal.  Now I don't have to go back until January.  But I don't have a baby at home to take care of.  It's just me, D, and Neil.  I feel lost; without purpose.  But I do not want to go back to work any time soon!

Today I only cried a few times.  Yesterday I didn't cry until 4pm.  But I still feel empty, like something's missing.  And I just don't care about things that much. And it's so hard to take of Neil.  I find myself happy that he's going back to daycare tomorrow so I don't have to worry about taking care of him.  I feel like such a horrible person/mom for feeling that way, but what can I do?  It's how I feel.

I know I've got support, friends out there, but none of them can understand what I'm going through and I just don't want to bother them.  I just want to focus on myself and what I'm feeling without bringing other people down.  So I fake it.  Even though it's only been 10 days.  That's it. It feels like so much longer ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment