Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seeing other women with infants; Riley's Burial

Yesterday I was in town with D and I did a little fall clothes shopping for Neil.  I was waiting outside the store for D to pick me up when I saw a woman returning to her car carrying her baby in his car seat.  I didn't get a good look at the baby, but I could tell it was still very young.  The woman had just picked up Subway for lunch.  I felt so many emotions - jealousy, frustration, angst, extreme sadness.  This woman is experiencing what I should be experiencing this year.  A random event like going to subway with her baby to pick up lunch is something I won't be doing.  When D arrived to pick me up I was crying.

It's funny because last week I went over to a good friend's house to visit.  She has a 3 month old boy.  I pretty much ignored the baby, but it didn't make me cry.  Yet seeing strangers with babies makes me cry.  Why is that? 

Riley's Burial:
Tomorrow we're meeting with the funeral home to plan Riley's burial.  We didn't want a service, and heck, I don't even know if D wanted to bury him, but I did.  I need somewhere where I can "touch" him and know he was real.  I need somewhere I can grieve in private.  I need somewhere I can talk to him when I want to, and for Neil, when he's older, to know that he had a little brother.

I am so angry.  So angry that this had to happen to us.  So frustrated by the difficulties we've faced over the last 3 years.  Devastated that the anguish and pain is still so strong.  And tired of feeling like this.  It's only been a week and a half.  Two weeks on Friday.  But it feels like it was so long ago.  Like I'm already losing the memory of being pregnant.  I don't want to forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment